Wednesday 1 July 2009

Cycling to Re-cycle

It wasn't as easy and pain free as I had hoped.

First as I pulled out of the house I almost ran over a pedestrian walking her dog - "It's not as easy as it looks when you see films of India" I said, she just smiled back like I was mad!

The problem was that I had 3 bags of bottles (mostly glass water bottles - not wine - honest).

2 bags on one side and 1 bag on the other - this made the bike steering somewhat unpredictable.

Combined with the fact that the 2 bag side wanted to run on the front wheel.

So I decided it may be safer to use the pavement rather than the road.

I made it unscathed to the bottle bank and jettisoned by baggage - all seemed good.

Until I got home and discovered the puncture - was it the glass at the re-cycling centre?

This means I have to use my Park Tool puncture repair kit and spend some time fixing my own bike!

Lesson learned - take just 2 bags and stay balanced.

Let's hope it goes better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment